Many children aren’t taught the value of money, thus when they have money of their own as adults, they may not understand how to spend, save or invest.
Partnering with the Guarrine Group, we will run breakout sessions based on age to teach essential financial concepts. Younger children will learn things like the value of coins and bills. Young adults will explore more complex ideas like taxes and the effects of college loans. Following the program, families can enjoy activities at the zoo.
Children and young adults ages 4-18 and their families.
- Hands-on learning
- Concepts catered to age groups
- Interactive workbook to personalize each learning experience
What They’ll Learn:
|Learning Objectives (Ages 4-10)||Learning Objectives (Ages 11-18)|
|• be able to identify coins, their names and values
• define the difference between needs and wants
• explain the importance of buying needs first
• identify some ways they can earn an income
• identify ways to save money
• identify short and long-term savings goals
|• identify their top 3 interests and potential careers
• learn about tax on wages
• identify factors that raise/lower credit rating
• learn about cash flow and budgeting
• explain the importance of budgeting for needs first
• learn the importance of preparing for their future career through education
About the Guarrine Group
The Guarrine Group offers experiential learning opportunities for businesses and families. Experiences are tailored to each group and based around the objectives, goals and needs of the participating group. By integrating learning with play, the workshop becomes more interactive, lighthearted and memorable. The Guarrine Group is located in West Chicago, IL.
CFBC Members & Strategic Partners: To Access Member Tickets, You Must Be Logged In. Contact Liz with questions.
Please note: "Member Guest" tickets are for CFBC member company employees and guests of CFBC members.
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Workshop
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM Explore the Zoo